My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

OH WELL

The Philosophy Department at UNC did not think there would be sufficient interest in a lecture series, so that idea is dead.  I shall explore the possibility of doing the videos in another way and posting them, or if not that, then perhaps my original idea of a series of lecture/essays.  Disappointing.

5 comments:

Brian W. Ogilvie said...

I'm sorry to hear that, but if I'm to follow along and participate, written lectures would work much better than recorded ones, simply because I read faster than I can watch. Whatever format you choose, I'll let my colleagues and grad students know about it, because I think at least a few might want to join in.

Jerry Fresia said...

"..the Philosophy Department at UNC did not think there would be sufficient interest..." Congratulations. This is a splendid insult;
an institutional response that suggests that what you do and who you are are perceived as a threat. I can't wait for your videos and/or written work to cause a stir and you know they will! Surely there is a respectable way to link up the philosophy students to all of this. "Deemed Not to Be of 'Sufficient Interest'...a series of lectures by RP Wolff...www...."

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Thank you, Jerry! You know how to make a guy feel good. :)

Ridiculousicculus said...

You know, I bet you'd have been able to drum up enough interest in the course of it had been cross-listed with whatever department or interdisciplinary center houses the Critical Theory devotees at UNC. Then again, you'd have to deal with students who study Critical Theory :p

Unknown said...

Enoch says....Flyleaf Books might be a really good place to hold the lectures. They have a nice space for it where they have lots of public readings: authors, poetry, etc. That might also help advertise to the community