My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 13, 2014

A BLOG WORTH READING

Jerome Doolittle, who has just appeared here, and others collectively run a blog called "Bad Attitudes."  You can find it here.  Take a look.  I recommend it.

There are lots of good people out there.  If we could get all of them to the polls every two years, we could start to turn this country around.

Meanwhile, I am continuing to re-read Volume One of Capital.  I have just started Chapter XV, "Machinery and Modern Industry," and I am already on page 11 of my reading notes.  I do understand that my re-reading of this book cannot change the world one little bit, but we all have to survive, and this is my way of making a terrible world a tad more bearable.

I am also binge-watching "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" on Netflix.  This is a charming series set in Melbourne, Australia in the 1920's.  It is the first thing I have seen that makes me want to visit Australia.

2 comments:

David Auerbach said...

*Rake* is an Australian mystery series that is very very good.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

I will check it out next.