My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 5, 2013

PRELIMINARY POST ON CROWDSOURCING

Well, I got an interesting answer to the question, How does soap work?  I got a not really helpful answer to the question How can an airplane fly upside down?  And as for friction, not much help there save to say that it is complicated.  I would still like to really understand how a plane can fly upside down.  I guess friction will remain a mystery.  But on another matter entirely, my general sense was confirmed that no matter what you say on a blog, someone out there will care about it.  In passing I referred to Great Pyrenees, which are utterly hugable dogs, and sure enough one of my readers owns a Great Pyrenees.  It never fails.

Enough of light-hearted posts.  I must try to return to serious stuff.  Maybe the event tomorrow will provoke some deep thoughts.  We shall see.

No comments: