My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

IN MY PRIME

Well, this is it.  Today I reach seventy-nine and therefore enter my eightieth year.  My warmest thanks to those of you who wished me a happy birthday.  As soon as the sun starts to come up, I shall take my four mile walk, in a pathetic attempt to deny the passage of time.  My walk here does not have the picture postcard delights of my Paris walk.  No Notre Dame, no Musee d'Orsay, no Louvre or Jardin des Tuilleries, no Cafe Flore and Deux Magots.  But perhaps I will see our resident Blue Heron, always a pleasure.

My birthday present from my grandchildren was a pair of lovely silhouettes in old-fashioned frames, one of Samuel and the other of Athena.  They have a place of honor on our mantel now.

My New Year's Resolution will be to make it to eighty.  When that happens, I will meditate on ninety.

Happy New Year to all.

3 comments:

C Rossi said...

Robert:

Belated best wishes on the anniversary of your birth and hope that you celebrate many others. Thanks for your always stimulating work on this blog. Happy New Year to you and your wife and the rest of the family.

James Camien McGuiggan said...

Happy birthday!

Jim said...

Professor Wolff --

My birthday was two days ago on the 25th. Although I only turned 47, your milestone is an inspiration to us all. Not only do I someday hope to reach your age, I also hope to achieve your degree of wisdom. In that regard, I will always be playing catch-up!

For the record, I never opened a Facebook account, despite various invitations from "friends". It simply would be of no use to me.

Happy Birthday. I look forward to continuing our rewarding conversations for many years to come.

-- Jim