My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2011

BELATED THANKS

My old friend, classmate, apartment mate, and colleague, the distinguished Harvard philosopher Charles Parsons, has sent me a number of lengthy, detailed, and often fascinating comments on and corrections to my autobiography. Some of his corrections I have already inserted into the text, but many of them I have not yet attended to, laggard that I am. I just wanted to acknowledge publicly all the effort he has put into these comments and corrigenda. In my autobiography, I joked that I and the other graduate students in philosophy back in the middle fifties were so in awe of Charles' seemingly encyclopedic command of facts [something of a secondary talent with him, since his principal claim to our admiration was his intelligence] that we finally adopted the pragmatic epistemic principle that if Charles did not know it, then it was not known. I have on occasion flattered myself that I have a good memory, but in this as in much else, Charles puts me to shame.

Thank you, Charles.

No comments: