My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DRAGGED KICKING AND SCREAMING INTO THE 21ST CENTURY

Well, I have taken the plunge and obtained a webcam, which I have installed. I have downloaded Skype, and tomorrow, I and my daughter in law will have a trial run. If I can make it work, I will be able to see and talk to my grandchildren, Samuel and Athena, in San Francisco. My son, Tobias, opines that in all probability a sizable proportion of Skype conversations are between grandparents and grandchildren. Pretty cool. The Best Buy Geek Squad was prepared to come and do the installation, but it would have cost hundreds, so I did it myself. I am feeling inordinately proud of myself.

On another tack entirely, I see that Bristol Palin came in third in Dancing With the Stars [a show I have never managed to watch]. That and the revelation that Rush Limbaugh is a drug-addicted deeply closeted gay man pretty much took my mind off the bad stuff happening on the Korean peninsula. I am seventy-six now, and I was sixteen when the Korean War started!

I am still struggling with the pictures from the safari, but promise to post some with accompanying travelogue soon.

7 comments:

Marinus said...

Just as well you installed the webcam yourself, since they would have fleeced you to an unimaginable extent with installation costs.

Half the internet thinks that Palin's theatre of the absurd is part of her lead-in to a presidential campaign, the other half thinks it makes her entirely unelectable. I've never set foot in the US and am loathe to judge a nation on newspaper reports and blog posts, but surely the the second group is right and Palin might be getting groomed for the speaker circuit, but certainly not the White House?

GTChristie said...

Sarah Palin. A heartthrob away from the presidency. LOL.

Anonymous Philosophy ABD said...

Rush Limbaugh is gay??

I knew he has or had an Oxycontin habit, but this gay thing is news to me.

Chris said...

Where did you hear that about Limbaugh professor?

Emma Mia said...

You know, once I started reading your book titled "life in the Academy", but I had to skip it in the middle because I had to find assignment writers on an urgent basis. I promise I will resume reading it whenever I get some time, and I am sure I will be free soon.

kanchipuram tour package said...

Thanks for sharing this blog. Very informative. kanchipuram tour package

Yash kannan said...

Thank you for sharing this content.It will greatly enhance discipline and discourage kids from participating in illegal activities like waiting, shady behaviour, etc. that happen after school or at strange hours. CCTV may be utilised to keep an eye on students who routinely arrive late..Lan & Wan Security